Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Apartment Hotel in Question—Rostrevor: A Review for Mister Darcy

This review is for the benefit of my friend, whom I shall call “Mister Darcy” for anonymity’s sake. I’ve been planning to go to and stay in a hotel in Barbados for the longest time, but when I told my good friend Mister Darcy about my plans, he immediately reminded me of my current financial state. Although I could very well afford a few nights’ stay there, I’d regret it afterwards.

He therefore advised me to stay in this apartment hotel in Barbados called Rostrevor. He stayed there before and had the most wonderful time because it was a hell of a lot cheaper than any travel hotel there. I was skeptical, of course, but he was one of my best friends, so I took his word for it. But I warned him that if he over exaggerated his claims, then I shall plummet his ass into a garbage bin for ruining my Caribbean vacation.

http://sawscentral.com/encyc/bta/hotels/rostrevor/images/img_photogallery/largephotos/rostrevor_dusk_lg.jpg
hotel in Barbados

Rostrevor is pretty, actually. I arrived there at dusk, and my first impression was that it had that quaint, homey charm that most hotels lack. It is located at St. Lawrence Gap and divided into three sections. The interior was true to the Bajan culture and impressively avoided being tacky. There are 28 studios in all, and each one is clean and well-equipped for comfort. There’s adequate air conditioning, cable TV, Wi-Fi and other services. I was rather pleased about this. But I think what really made me enjoy my stay was the fact that it didn’t hurt my bank account.
There’s a small beach in front of the apartment hotel, and it’s admittedly scenic. During the day, I noticed that there are a lot of people who enjoy playing water sports there, as well as beach volleyball.

All in all, I give it a solid 3.5/5. I am pleased to announce that my good friend Mister Darcy did not end up in the garbage bin, and is pretty much physically intact.

0 comments:

Post a Comment